Saturday, January 7, 2012

Celtic Tune Book Just in Time For St Patricks Day

I just received my copy of "20 Celtic Fingerstyle Uke Tunes" and it's a book that's long overdue. The arrangements are wonderful-some simple,some more complex,but I'd say all the tunes are more than certainly do-able by any player who gets this book now should be more than ready to visit the Irish pub with uke in hand my March 17. It comes with a CD so you can get a grip on what these melodies are supposed to sound like. I'm expecting this book to go quickly and if the one I have in my Bonanza store is gone by the time you click on the link,I have an additional copy in my ebay store
The list of songs are as follows:

Da Foula Reel
Drowsy Maggie
Fairy Dance
Flowers of the Forest
Jig: Queen Margaret University
John McHugh’s Jig
Kesh Jig
Sleepy Maggie
The Bank of Ireland
The Blarney Pilgrim
The Congress
The Connaught Man’s Rambles
The Glass of Beer
The Humours of Glendart
The Humours of Tulla
The Lilting Banshee
The Mug of Brown Ale
The Star of Munster
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
Tripping Upstairs

Certainly enough to keep any true Celt happy! I give his book 5 stars-a must have in any uke players library.

No comments:

Post a Comment